Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ok mellie. I've gotta get on with this, my projects are starting to pile up! It seems funny to be starting this when my interest in knitting is maybe a bit on the wane but all the same, there'll always be something no doubt....and december and january were uber productive.


This is the Hello Bonnet from Hello Yarns,


I knit it for Sally with Twilley's Freedom Spirit which was really pretty, hard to tell in my dark photos.


It's a cute hat, very, errr...swimming cap after a light fulling. You can se my sister is inspired by this below.




















































I knit her thrummed mittens to match and I knit Katrina a drop stitch scarf with the ribbon yarn you sent Mel....very pretty. Aannnnndddd I took photos of these things that I have subsequently lost or erased.

And these are mittens that I gave to my grandmother for her birthday. The yarn came from a blanket factory on
PEI. I picked up a huge cake of pencil roving there and haven't known what to do with it...

The pattern is from Spinderella's. It worked really well. They're pretty jumbo prefelting. Kinda fun.

I thought the mittens were quite boring though and got inspired by this Norwegian book. My version is a little less ambitious but all the same...fun to do.
























And this was Jaime's late great birthday present. I wanted to knit this since I first saw it in Interweave Knits. It's free here. Totally fun to knit and pretty fast.
















































There are three or four more projects at home being blocked so will put them up and then move onto secret not for Mel's eyes project.:)
Jill-a thought re. your vibrant mohair, because I'm sure having a newborn and knitting go hand in hand, but when that fated day comes...a thought, from treats and treasures...



1 comment:

Jill Ward said...

ok. great. now i have 3 more hats to knit.