Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So I'm not posting a lot here but it's not because I'm not making things....though things had taken a turn toward more artsy endeavours and then about two and a half months of nothing but work, work, work, blech. and then I went on a crazy one week stretch of crafty productivity and finished this. What is this? It is a playmat with roads and blue mountains and fields and a river and a covered bridge one can drive their little cars through... I sewed magnets into these pieces so they couyld change them and have a barn and apple trees....
or fall trees...
or a house and spring trees....all of the doors open so they can drive their little cars inside if they so desire....
and I handquilted it which was really fun...though I don't know if I'd have the patience to do a full size quilt....not by myself anyhow. but fun....very relaxing.....this is the back....i believe that the stitches are supposed to be small and consistent...mine are neither but the whole thing was a bit of an experiment. I gave it to jen and mike and jacob and their newest, avery.
a welcome back to nb and I knew jen would appreciate the work and that it would get used at her house...

No comments: